Ingersoll Rand Director, Global FP&A -CTS in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Director of Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) reports to the Vice President of finance for the Compression Technologies and Services (CTS) strategic business unit (SBU). This position is an integral member of the CTS finance leadership team and provides direct support to the president and senior leadership team for the SBU. The Director of Global FP&A plays a key role in providing analytical and business decision support to drive financial forecasts, management reporting, operating budgets and strategic goals. This role will work with regional and functional leaders to compile and review annual budgets, generate forecasts, and analyze performance. This role must understand and communicate timely trends, operational issues, risks and opportunities. Candidates must have a proven background of analytical excellence, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership, accounting/financial acumen and communication skills to engage effectively with peers and senior leaders.
- Align and build partnerships across regions and functional areas to raise awareness of financial performance and promote communication of global issues
- Prepare and analyze reports that highlight operational performance, forecasts and business plans for the SBU
- Identify, analyze, and communicate opportunities and risks, recommend effective solutions
- Lead the long range plan, annual operating plan, and quarterly forecast processes for the SBU
- Develop and leverage strong cross functional relationships to influence stakeholders
- Lead analysis that aids in the decision making process to increase profitability, cash flow, and value creation
- Provide support for senior leadership in development of various presentations including the quarterly earnings release and quarterly business review
- Perform complex, ad hoc analytical assignments
- Coach and mentor the FP&A team to ensure timely and accurate results along with employee growth and development
- Identify and lead continuous improvements in financial operations, analytics, and reporting in the pursuit of creating a world class finance organization
- Four-year degree in accounting or finance required; MBA and CPA preferred
- 10 years of experience within the Finance function of a publicly-held corporation required
- Experience with a fortune 500 manufacturing company desired
- Team player with a proven ability to instill confidence and trust with executive management and business partners
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to form and leverage internal and external alliances
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with demonstrated influencing skills
- Ability to convey financial information to non-financial personnel
- Displays an intellectual curiosity that uncovers actionable insights in the business through the performance of structured and ad-hoc analytics
- Project management experience
- Expert knowledge of financial statements and financial analysis
- Consistently advocates, encourages, and facilitates transformational growth in processes, people, and technology
- Ability to manage and grow highly effective teams and develop talent
- Expert in Excel; Oracle, Hyperion and Tableau experience a plus
- Builds Talent and Capabilities
- Coaches for Performance
- Creates External Awareness
- Delivers Business Results
- Leads Authentically
- Lives the Values
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 6:25:36 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.