Ingersoll Rand Compensation Analyst in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for providing analytical and technical support for the compensation function including compensation plan administration, data collection, analysis, and reporting. This role will support nine Strategic Business Units, including Corporate functions with Ingersoll Rand North America.
- Provides subject matter expertise in base pay management and job analysis to support the attraction and retention of top talent.
- Performs research and analysis of external market data and internal pay equity for job evaluations, internal equity reviews, and other compensation related projects and issues.
- Supports Compensation program administration including but not limited to; merit review and hourly wage structure review process.
- Supports the development and maintenance of Standard Work related to the Total Rewards function. Manages the submission of data for various salary surveys, and the hourly merit process in North America.
- Ensures company compliance with federal, state, and local laws/regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of compensation or 5-10 years of human resources experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local wage and hour regulations, and employment practices required
- Experienced at using internal and external market data to develop recommendations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to conduct and interpret complex analyses and data, and provide insights.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Must employ effective time management skills to balance competing priorities.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge- Understand research methods and data analysis techniques; use of Excel for analysis of data; the ability to conduct studies and prepare sound recommendations; analyzing and interpreting policies, practices and procedures; using systems/computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting; negotiating and problem solving.
- Operating Skills- Resourceful in utilizing a variety of business and information systems to support work activity and other customer/business support. Effectively prioritizes work to accomplish a broad range of activities within expected deadlines.
- Customer Focus- Ability to build rapport with internal customers. Takes ownership of the business need or problem, acts with a sense of urgency to resolve the problem. Maintains continuous communications and contacts as appropriate to follow up on commitments through to a successful conclusion.
- Peer Relationships- Strong team player, collaborates effectively with all team members. Shares information with others to ensure a quality solution for the business. Works effectively with other departments to expedite solutions in response to business problems.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Human Resources
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 29, 2018, 2:48:14 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.