Ingersoll Rand Test Engineer in Connaught, Ireland
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The successful candidate will work as part of the test engineering team and have responsibility for tests in our Calorimeter, Endurance and Trailer Bay facilities . This includes responsibility for data acquisition and management of the test data; A nalysis of test results, correct and timely identification of problems, accurate reporting of same and working as part of the wider engineering team to resolve . The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and continuously drive improvement opportunities in test facility, process and product.
ACCOUNTABILITIES/Major challenges include
·Implementation and coordination of Unit/Component testing in R&D test facilities to an agreed test schedule.
· A nalysis of test results and reporting of same to the Test Team and wider Engineering Team.
·Identify and drive ongoing development of the test facility and processes. This will include responsibility for facility, instrumentation & data acquisition system improvement and upgrade.
·Support product test for customers, intercompany departments and external test bodies including ATP, ISO etc
·Participate as a key member of the test engineering team of Test Engineers & Test Technicians.
COMPETENCIES / Minimum Requirements
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrated experience and University Degree/Masters (min Level 8qualification
- in Mechanical Engineering (or similar). Experience in testing, controls, instrumentation, coding and dataanalytics an advantage.
- Planning/Organizational Skills: Approach tasks in a logical, systematic manner; capable of developingrunning and coordinating test-engineering projects to schedule.
- Problem solving/Decision making: Capable of interpreting test data and developing and driving relevantcorrective measures where necessary.Ability to pro-actively identify and report on problems and theirroot causes.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills : Ability to work as part of the test and multi-functional teams.Provides management with regular reports on test activities.
- Travel: Must be open to travel to support field testing
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Connaught-Ireland
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 18, 2018, 4:26:12 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.