Ingersoll Rand VAVE Core Process Engineer in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Manufacturingresponsibilityfor the activities of new or revised product and process development.Leading a team to consider and design in supply chain and manufacturingpreparations needed to assure product launch meeting quality, cost and schedulerequirements
- Operations lead for VAVE and new product development.
- Lead Manufacturing Readiness activities within Columbia followingIngersoll Rand business operating systems while owning project managementdeliverable execution.
- Prepare and assess the manufacturing site readiness.
- Highlight and mitigate Major risks early in the project resulting inreduced launch delays and improved launch quality.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for operations, quality and manufacturingengineering.
- Provide backup to Process/Quality Engineering for Ready to serve needs
- Assist with line layouts for production and overall plant layout forimproved material flow and productivity
- Lead labor and overhead productivity in order to meet annual goals
- Drives engineering principles and discipline through mentoring,training and project reviews including: Advanced Product Quality Planning(APQP), A3's and 9-Step Problem solving, and Project Management
- Develops and implements recommendations for Improving Efficiency andProfitability of Plant
- BS in Engineering is required, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical,Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Qualified candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting and problemsolving skills
- A minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience is required, 5 yearsof experience is preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is highly desirable
- Key Competencies:
- Ability to utilize engineering principles to develop robustmanufacturing processes the first time
- Ability to use such management-leadership techniques such as; projectmgt., objective development and project review disciplines
- Fluent knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, assembly and qualitycontrol processes
- Strong leadership skills to drive engineering principles and processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of Lean, 3P, Kaizen and Six Sigma programs.
- Knowledge of new model launch requirements and processes to ensureflawless launch goals
- PC Skills: Excel, Word, Access, and MS Project
- Ability to resolve multiple conflicts between widely varyingpersonalities.
- Requires cross functional communication, simultaneous engineering andreporting
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 1:36:12 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.