Ingersoll Rand Supplier Quality Engineer in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
TheSupplier Quality Engineer will be focused on supplier assessments,
capability,supplier readiness, and the ongoing development of world class
- Drive local supplier quality activities including, but not limited to,issuing Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs), root cause identificationin plant and with external suppliers, assisting with supplierselection/evaluation/approval, business process development, and componentdelivered PPM project work.
- Lead PPAP process for new products and major changes to existingcomponents/systems for commodities and/or product development programs asassigned.
- Identify and lead projects to drive the external failure rates andinternal defect rates down by a minimum of 20% per year through VA/VE,error-proofing and Lean events.
- Drive improvement in the cost of purchased component quality.
- Drive quality improvement actions in plant operations
- Lead and or validate that all supplier control plans are truly closedloop.
- Lead in validating andstabilizing supplier’s processes through auditing, error-proofing, projectmanagement with strong follow-up.
- Must be able to take the initiative and act as agent for change.
- In depth knowledge of Quality Systems such as PFMEA, DFMEA, ControlPlans, Process Flow, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, Supplier Auditing, andProduct Change Control are required.
- Must be team-oriented with ability to bring people together, lead anddirect in the development of specific goals and action plans in support ofoperating objectives.
- Must possess excellent PC and analytical skills including a strongmathematical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to travel independently (15%-20% travel expected)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and/or a minimum ofapplicable experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, design, quality orsupply chain.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and/or Black Belt trainingpreferred.
- Previous Supplier Quality experience preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest.We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 7, 2019, 7:42:11 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.