Ingersoll Rand Production Leader in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Club Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- The Production Supervisor supervises and coordinates daily operation of the production shift, with responsibility for achieving maximum quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner.
- He/ She actively participates in all areas of employment, performance evaluations, associate relations, and associate development while promoting total employee involvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure a safe work place is provided for all employees; frequently inspects department for safety compliance. Complete accident reports and schedules appropriate follow-up reviews; identify accidents related to operator/machine error and initiates necessary training to prevent future accidents.
- Supervise the activities of production associates to achieve objectives with regard to quality, cost and time. Evaluate the performance of associates and completes necessary reports. Recommend merit increases and training/development needs.
- Review daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to assure all deadlines are met. Check running orders/query dispatch lists to determine schedule priorities. Coordinate and expedite hot parts and assigns rework.
- Inspect and monitor production quality and equipment. Ensure quality procedures/practices are applied to the process, tooling, and equipment to achieve expected quality improvements.
- Supervise the utilization of materials to assure an appropriate amount of parts are available to maintain smooth production flow; identify wasteful practices and methods; report any problems/concerns with viable solutions to the Manager, Production; and, report suggestions recommended by associates for procedure change, etc.
- Promote and support the company's efforts in associate involvement concepts, and "open door" communications through the development and or implementation of various programs.
- Promote commitment to quality through attitude, behavior, communication, and development/implementation of programs and activities.
- Communicate/update shift management of daily problems and concerns, identifying areas needing attention to ensure the continuity of the operation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/ university is required.
- Previous Work Experience in Manufacturing is required.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as Outlook, Excel, Word, etc…and time accounting software-Kronos
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to enhance a team environment, including development of team-oriented leaders and members.
- Must possess clear thought process of defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions using Lean/Operational Excellence/Operational Excellence methodologies.
- Assures employees are consistently being trained and developed so that talent is retained and succession plans remove gaps in bench strength.
- Able to make timely decision in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Good understanding of consumer products, high volume lean manufacturing, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of General Manufacturing best practices, Fabrication operations and equipment are required.
- Exceptional leadership, motivational, and project management skills with the ability to drive project-specific issues and goals to closure.
- Ability to integrate business, manufacturing, and technical elements.
- Leads Authentically
- Builds Talent and Capability
- Coaches for Performance
- Creates external awareness
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Delivers business results
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 26, 2018, 8:35:21 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.