Ingersoll Rand Process Quality Engineer in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The ProcessQuality Engineer is responsible for the development and continuous improvementof processes and systems.
- Develop specifications of new equipment, and continuouslymonitor performance and specifications of existing equipment, utilized in theassembly and sub-assemblies of our products.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to lead project pipelinein order to improve Run Test FPY.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to lead scrap reductioninitiatives for assigned area/line.
- Lead and participate in ongoing improvements in safety,quality, OpEx and capacity through strong partnerships with Operations leadership,as well as by engaging all Operations employees.
- Drive equipment uptime by engaging with Maintenance team.
- Partner with Operations leadership on containment actions toachieve takt time attainment goals and restore flow while driving to root causesolutions for permanent corrective action with all available Lean manufacturingtools.
- Collaborate with EHS team to identify and implementprocesses, procedures, and equipment to enhance site environmental, health, andsafety practices including workplace ergonomics.
- NPI and Cost Reduction projects completed on time with allrequired documentation and actions regarding PFMEA, Safety, Quality andProductivity targets.
- Analyze operational data such as cycle time, equipmentdowntime, scrap, process capability, product and people flow to designworkspace layouts following Lean manufacturing principles.
- Collaborate with Operations leadership, as well asproduction employees, to develop Standard Work and Job Breakdown Sheets.
- B.S. degree in Engineering from an accredited college/university, or in lieu of degree equivalent work experience, is required.
- Prior experience in delivering business results using Leantools preferred.
- Prior experience in an environment focused on continuousimprovement, RIE's and achieving high levels of customer satisfactiopreferred.
- 9 Step Problem Solving experience with emphasis on rootcause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and team skillsrequired.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suiterequired. Oracle and AutoCAD/Pro/E knowledgeis preferred.
- Lives the IR values of integrity, respect, innovation,courage, and teamwork
- Communicates compellingly
- Learns enthusiastically
- Advocates for customers
- Promotes change
- Strives for excellence
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 2:42:28 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.