Ingersoll Rand Manufacturing and Quality Engineering Leader in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioningand ARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- The Manufacturing and Quality Engineering Leader is responsible for manufacturing and quality improvement initiatives that allow the Trane Columbia plant to meet organizational goals and support a lean strategy to bring Trane’s products to new levels of quality, reliability, and value.
- This leader will apply advanced manufacturing and lean strategies to promote quality and remove waste in operations.
- Must be highly motivated and able to lead a team of employees in the development and implementation of new processes, tools, and procedures that meet Trane Columbia’s safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for driving product quality improvements with ownership of the Cost of Quality to help eliminate waste and meet organizational goals.
- Responsible for driving improvements to equipment, tools, technologies and other factors impacting production capability and capacity.
- Participate in the implementation of statistical quality control tools and develop standard use of these methods.
- Supports ISO and other company standard practices and procedures such as the Quality Management System (QMS) and Business Operating System (BOS) via Leader Standard Work.
- Work in concert with ISC Materials team to record and maintain dimension and weight data in support of PFEP.
- Provide training and development in problem solving methods, Design of Experiments (DoE), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Control Plans.
- Responsible for Non-Conformance Material Reviews; lead team in developing and coordinating rework of materials while minimizing cost to company.
- Participate in the development of both the short and long term corrective action plans, and follows up on corrective actions.
- Communicate significant issue or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provide recommended process improvements via Engineering Change Requests.
- Evaluate field and internal failures with the Product Quality Team and aid in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Supervise tooling activities, including design, order, maintenance, gage, CNC processes, i.e. CNC Mill, ultrasonic and water cutting programming.
- Provide management direction for the Engineering.
- Work closely with maintenance department to support process activities.
- Fulfill customer requirements relating to engineering or processing, I.e. FMEA, flow charting, and problem solving.
- Initiate, evaluate and recommend improvements to enhance product quality, Efficiency, & Safety/Ergonomic work areas.
- Manage departmental employees including hiring, training, evaluation, discipline, and resolution of personnel grievances. Enforces rules, regulations, and policies to ensure a safe, firm, fair, and consistent work place environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college/ university is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college/ university is preferred.
- Ten plus (10 ) years of experience in manufacturing engineering and quality management required.
- Black Belt Certified is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and application of APQP tools, to include process flows, process FMEAs and control plans, to meet Quality and Reliability requirements and targets.
- Experience in engineering systems to include CAD, PLM and MES systems. Ability to contribute in design reviews and assist during validation and qualification, to include safety and ergonomics.
- Experience with lean principles and techniques to include Visual Management, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Cycle Time Reduction and Process Balancing, Yokoten, 5S, Set Up Reduction (SMED), and Kanban.
- Strong analytic skills, with ability to clearly link operational performance drivers to financial results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Leads Authentically
- Builds Talent and Capability
- Coaches for Performance
- Creates external awareness
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Delivers business results
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 8:50:40 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.