Ingersoll Rand Field Quality Engineer in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Mine, consolidate, and analyze warranty data for Columbia productquality improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain failure rate performance charts. Develop reductionplans and build forecasted failure rate projections. Track/report performance to plan and forecastmonthly to plant staff and other leaders.
- Create and maintain prioritized project list to support year over yearcontinuous improvement goals.
- Lead projects to reduce external failure rates, internal defect ratesand/or improve customer satisfaction for Lexington products
- Work as a liaison with Field Service and Product Support groups todevelop, execute and maintain a feedback loop for root cause resolutions andproduct improvements to the field and customers.
- Understand the current status of quality activities for Columbiaproducts. Represent Columbia in meetings associated field quality.
- Work with project design teams providing data and input of componentand system failure modes. Establishquality improvement targets for design projects.
- Support data mining and collection for supplier recovery efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required, technical or engineering degreepreferred. Associate’s degree withminimum 1 year experience may be considered.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethicalstandards and an appropriate professional image.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and team leadership isrequired.
- Other key competencies required are; strong leadership, interpersonal,communication skills, customer satisfaction focused, team oriented, resultsdriven, and strong computer skills.
- Strong excel skills.
- Professional certification CQE a plus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 7, 2019, 7:42:38 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.