Ingersoll Rand 1st Shift Material Handler/Forklift Driver in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- The Material Handler under general supervision, distributes either production or non - production items and materials to various locations throughout the plant. Materials may consist of purchased parts, in process parts, or finished goods.
Essential Job Functions
- Moves parts or finished product and delivers mail packages to various department locations and/or warehouse locations.
- Operates various material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and rolling carts or may move golf car and utility vehicles to and from yard.
- Maintains the required paperwork and documentation of all parts and materials moved in accordance with the specified procedures.
- Ensures work areas and other designated work areas are maintained in a safe and neat manner.
- Assists with the training and instruction of new employees who may be assigned to this area.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Provide guidance while ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
- Stocking and arranging of product to ensure warehouse turns of inventory.
- Responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by receiving and transporting components to the manufacturing floor in accordance with predetermined safety, quality, method and sequence standards.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Previous Material Handling experience preferred.
- Current fork lift certification in the State of South Carolina or willingness to become certified preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to follow through on commitments and details.
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skill.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Proven team player.
- Ingersoll Rand Values and Core Competencies:
- Willingness to change, flex and learn
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 11:59:38 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.