Ingersoll Rand 1st Shift Fabricator in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- The Fabricator will properly identify all fabricated material and segregate material by job.
- He/ She will operate hand tools required for performing job.
- This individual will program and operate machines in their assigned work area.
Essential Job Functions
- Be knowledgeable of all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Read print drawings to determine dimensions, design, and materials needed.
- Produce quality work.
- Program and operate machines in assigned work area.
- Operate hand tools required for performing job duties.
- Effectively use measuring devices to insure accuracy of cuts.
- Perform spot welding or assembly if required.
- Move material using forklift, crane, and/or wheeled carts/tables.
- Form pieces of metal to prescribed dimensions.
- Properly identify all fabricated material and segregate material by job.
- Perform general housekeeping of work area.
- Work as a team to accomplish goals.
- Communicate with Team Leader and Production Leader to determine needs and provide materials as needed.
- Suggest process improvement ideas.
- Assist co-workers within area and in other areas as needed/directed.
Education, Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma of General Equivalent Degree (GED) required.
- One (1) year of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Previous machine operation experience preferred.
- Previous metal fabrication experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn all tasks required to perform the job.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to use equipment and maintain general understanding of business process.
- Ability to perform work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with all general work rules, policies and procedures, including safety guidelines and procedures.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify routine problem causation and correct routine problems.
- Basic math skills with knowledge of decimal system.
- Commitment to performing quality work.
- Ability to learn to operate all equipment associated with the job.
- Able to read blue prints.
- Able to read a tape measure.
- Self-Motivated and willing to learn.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Ingersoll Rand Values and Core Competencies:
- Willingness to change, flex and learn
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 11:20:25 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.