Ingersoll Rand TRANE-Direct Account Manager in CHIPPEWA FALLS, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for developing long-term customer relationships and maximizing account penetration and customer retention with building owners with the goal of increasing controls systems and service sales for the district office.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Utilizes Account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Collects project data and compares to the office’s capabilities.
- Converts leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the appropriate contact within the customer’s organization, identifying required sales team members, and communicating the next steps in the process.
- Develops relationships with multiple buying influences in the customer’s organization, including executive level customers, facility managers, project managers, project engineers, construction and purchasing.
- Gathers and validates preliminary information and performs facility walkthrough, construction plan review or other requirements.
- Determines project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
- Develops, evaluates, and discusses possible solutions with customer.
- Develops project fulfillment schedule with project team.
- Finalizes and reviews proposal.
- Validates the preliminary offering with customer.
- Prepares and reviews contract terms and conditions using standard Trane contract templates when applicable.
- Presents the proposal and negotiates price, terms, and conditions with customer.
- Follows up with buying influences.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Resolves major deviations from scope with team after Project Scope Validation.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long-term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
- Provides total account business activity reports and annual forecasts.
- Provides knowledge and consultation in the form of developing facility-related solutions for the customer’s problems including financial and performance-based considerations.
- Consistently ascertains customer needs and current market opportunities.Assembles, coordinates and interacts with sales team as needed for customer penetration and project acquisition.
- Assesses target markets to analyze potential opportunity.
- Provides marketplace feedback, including competitive information, customer expectations, industry trends, etc.
- Presents the overall Trane offering conceptually to executive buyers.
- Facilitates financing and legal/contract review process.
- Meets or exceeds gross margin requirements.
- Minimize risk by developing sound monitoring and/or service plan requirements.
- Manages tasks associated with complex sales cycles.
- Relates customer’s needs to the appropriate people in the office.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or equivalent from four-year college or university or associates degree in HVAC field. Sales experience (preferred) and 3-5 years or more of relevant HVAC experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience .
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CHIPPEWA FALLS-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 7, 2019, 1:43:49 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.