Ingersoll Rand Rental Administrator in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Rental Administrator is responsible for supporting Rental Services business objectives and goals.The activities of this position are focused around working with outside vendors by issuing and managing purchase orders to support the needs of our rental projects.This includes all aspects of the purchasing process including managing vendor relationships in order to supplement Trane’s core rental fleet and capabilities.
- Creating purchase orders for vendors and entering change orders/addendums as needed to secure rental equipment for projects.
- Managing open purchase orders and closing them out as rentals end and ensuring compliance with IR standards.
- Working with vendors, customers, and stakeholders to resolve issues including invoicing/payment issues to manage vendor relationships, and ensure proper accounting.
- Ensure all items such as receipts, invoices, change orders, invoice accruals and other items are in place so that cost is accounted correctly and timely.
- Developing relationships with existing vendors to make it easier to do business with Trane.
- Setup and update vendors in Oracle and M3 to develop vendor relationships and allow Trane to do business with them.
- Supporting subcontractor qualification processes for those vendors providing services in the field and at Trane facilities to support safety and compliance..
- Support sourcing, quoting, and procuring activities to secure rental equipment for projects.
- Working in a Value Stream Transformation environment (Lean, 6-Sigma, etc.) to build new tools and process to improve customer experience and make it easier to do business with Trane as well as improve efficiency.
- Associates degree required, 4 year degree preferred – any degree considered, Business or Engineering preferred.
- Experience working in direct contact with vendors and exhibited customer service skills.
- Experience with managing purchase orders including accounts payable processes.
- Must be able to recognize developing situations in order to react and diffuse complaints/potential problems, determine when additional assistance is needed, and involve upper management as required.
- Experience building solutions to meet customer needs.
- Initiative and ability to recognize, prioritize, and perform required activities with minimum supervision or assistance required
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.Good general computer skills are required.
- Requires the use of judgment in the analysis of facts and circumstances and determination of actions to be taken within the limits of standard or accepted practices
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and be flexible in performing duties
- Must be characterized as organized, self-motivated, energetic, out-going, and proactive
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility to meet team and individual goals/objectives
- Must show initiative and be a self-starter
- Good negotiating skills with a willingness to seek agreement
- Demonstrated analytical skills and be able to think clearly
- Must demonstrate good communication skills (both oral and written form)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be a team player and be able to work with people at all levels of the organization
- Must understand concepts such as project management, inventory planning, and procure to pay processes
- Ability to work with a formalized computerized asset management, purchase order, and work order systems
- Ability to work in a Lean environment including Managing for Daily Improvement
- Willingness to jump in to help others to ensure business success
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CHARLOTTE-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Feb 8, 2019, 8:50:15 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.