Ingersoll Rand Trane - HVAC Controls Project Manager in BELLEVUE, Washington
IngersollRand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. Weadvance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , IngersollRand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as a ProjectManager, you will manage all aspects of controls contracting projects,from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution whileleading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given timeframe and with available resources. You will also be responsible for theadministration, implementation, and management of control projects andaccountable for assigned project’s scope of work, schedule, and budget. Trane alwaysfocuses on a total solution to provide our customers with the most energyefficient buildings!
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Examine and review contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Establish an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion, and controlling expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Create project and manpower schedules to ensure project milestones and completion dates are achieved.
- Prepare sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receive and qualify subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Generate controls technician and engineering weekly work schedules and monitor progress to ensure projects stay on track and on budget.
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Support the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposals.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred with a minimum of five (5) years of HVAC controls project management experience (Applied Projects) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Large scale Applied Project experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience in resource / manpower planning and team leadership of multiple technicians & engineers.
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally - 25%
Weare committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
Ifyou share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts inhow people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BELLEVUE-Washington
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Oct 4, 2018, 8:49:17 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.