Ingersoll Rand Trane - Contracting Project Manager in AUSTIN, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progressaround the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—includingClubCar®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance thequality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect foodand perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Manages all aspects of control projects, frombeginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution whileleading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given timeframe and with available resources. Responsible for theadministration, implementation, and management of controlprojects. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work,schedule, and budget. Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree inElectrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimumof two (2) years of project management, controls, HVAC or related experience,or a minimum of six (6) years of project management, controls, HVAC or relatedexperience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Otherfunctions may be assigned.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicates with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Establishes an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion.
- Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Oversees the following: preparation of Trane material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
- Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Generates technician work orders: reviews plan; reviews progress; and prioritizes tasks.
- Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays – 5%
Managessubcontractors and other assigned project resources. Carries outsupervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies andapplicable laws. Assists in interviewing, hiring, and trainingemployees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
QUALIFICATIONS Toperform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representativeof the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree inElectrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimumof two (2) years of project management, controls, HVAC or related experience,or a minimum of six (6) years of project management, controls, HVAC or relatedexperience; or an equivalent combination of education andexperience.
- Financial budgeting,planning, administration, conflict resolution, and negotiation experience arerequired.
- Experienced andknowledgeable in contracting processes associated with the installation ofbuilding automation systems and managing subcontractors.
- Also experienced andknowledgeable in using Project Management Tools (CPM, PERT, GanttCharts).
- Knowledge of MicrosoftOffice, Primavera Expedition and P3/Suretrak preferred.
- Familiarity withfinancially guaranteed contracts, the operation of energy management systems,HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems.
Abilityto read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents,control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipmentspecifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to writereports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability toeffectively present information and respond to questions from top management,customers, and service personnel.
Abilityto work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statisticalinference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability toapply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions topractical situations.
Abilityto define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions inmathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concretevariables.
Must possess a valid driver’slicense for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent trafficviolations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, LicenseSuspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions orpreventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
PHYSICALDEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk,hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard andtelephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with handsand arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employeemust frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/ormove up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, andability to adjust focus.
WORKENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here arerepresentative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thisposition works occasionally in a typical office environment with regular visitsto job sites which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipmentrooms. During the job site visits, the employee is occasionallyexposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high,precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals;extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. Thenoise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committedto building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values thedifferent backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spursinnovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: AUSTIN-Texas
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 18, 2018, 12:21:42 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.